Whatever happened to the so-called career path?
The job market is becoming increasingly competitive. As millennials start to take over the workforce, more and more people are getting a college education. What’s more, the gig economy is expanding and forever changing how people work and how companies hire.
So how does one even start to plan their career strategy?
The infographic below – compiled by HonorSociety.org, an honor society that recognizes academic achievement and builds a framework for future success of its members – looks at how professionals create a successful career path. It also takes a look at the tools they use to make their ambitious vision a reality.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights:
- 76% agree that the money and time they spent on their education was a valuable investment.
- 49% say they have made clear career goals for the next 1, 5, and 10 years.
- 65% agree that the professional organization they belong to helps them expand their network.
- 44% prefer to work for managers who empower them to be independent.
- 26% say paying off student loan debt is a top worry they have for their future.
Check out the full infographic. You’ll see that when students, job seekers, and young professionals make goals and build a professional network for themselves… they are well-equipped to stay on their career path and reach their utmost potential.