Editor’s note: For a complete recap of this episode of #InternPro Chat, click here!
You’re almost done. Soon, you’ll be walking across the stage to pick up your diploma. Which means you’ll soon be sending out countless resumes in hopes of landing the big kahuna – your first ‘big kid job’.
There are many articles out there that address several important aspects of getting and keeping that first job, but they always leave something out – the mindset shift required to go from full-time student to full-time professional.
How does someone fresh out of college, from day one, get in the right mindset? Exactly what does a newbie learn to excel? What tricks must we learn to master this huge transition?
Tonight at 6pm PT, the #InternPro community takes on this important and timely discussion. Here are some of the questions we’ll be asking:
- 73% of employers feel recent grads aren’t properly prepared for the working world. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What are some of the biggest challenges we face when going from full-time student to full-time professional?
- The biggest work or career related mistake I made fresh out of college was ______. (We want stories!)
- For many young pros, time management becomes an issue. How can we quickly settle into a new schedule and rhythm?
- Communication skills are vital. But HOW we communicate in class is way different than work. How do we close the gap?
- Immediate feedback is standard in school… not so at work. How do I measure my performance in the workplace?
- What traits do new grads who are uber-successful commonly demonstrate as they transition to the working world?
- For future graduates, what is your No. 1 piece of advice for shifting mindset from student to professional?
Join the conversation! And bring a friend… Here’s an easy tweet to share with your network: