When we talk about job search, the subject of “personal branding” comes up a lot.
But maybe we should call it what it really is: personal selling.
With that in mind, shouldn’t we all learn how to sell ourselves better? Shouldn’t we adopt world-class sales tactics as part of our job search strategy? Shouldn’t we seek out mentors who are experts at social selling?
Yes, we should! Which is exactly why we’ve asked Anthony Iannarino, a true subject matter expert in social selling, to join us this evening on #InternPro chat. Anthony will work with us to understand:
- How to determine our unique value proposition
- How we can qualify our “leads” first, then sell
- How to leverage social media when we are personal selling
Here are the questions we’ll ask Anthony and our community:
- Agree or disagree? Why? “A great job search is like a successful sales and marketing campaign.”
- How does a college student know what to sell… and to whom? How do we identify our unique value to the market?
- Even without a business degree, is sales a good way to get a foot in the door at good companies? Why or why not?
- Salespeople rely on “qualified leads.” How does a job seeker know they are spending time on the right “leads”?
- In the selling process, how important are referrals & word-of-mouth? How can I leverage what others think of me?
- When does “personal selling” cross over into “personal spamming”? How do we know when we’ve crossed the line?
- What one piece of advice would you offer to young pros interested in becoming great at personal selling?
- I’m going to upgrade my personal selling skills, and better demonstrate my value, by focusing on ______.
We hope you can join us on Twitter for tonight’s #InternPro conversation with special guest Anthony Iannarino… the fun starts at 9pm ET/6pm PT sharp!
To invite your network to the conversation, here’s a tweet you can send with one click…