Should you – the student, recent grad or young professional – be on LinkedIn? Is the “world’s largest professional network” worth your time?
Consider this, as shown in this infographic by www.degreequery.com:
- 30 million+ students have an active account on LinkedIn
- 36 million+ Millennials are active on the network
As you can see, much of your competition is already on LinkedIn. If you still aren’t convinced, here are some other data points that might suggest that joining the “world’s largest professional network” is a good career move:
- Every 2 seconds, another new member joins
- 200 group conversations occur every minute
- The number of jobs posted on LinkedIn will most likely exceed 2 million in 2014
Take a look at this eye-opening infographic… and then ask yourself if maybe you should get serious about LinkedIn… and serious about your career.