Do you know what your most marketable skills are? Do you know how to sell those skills? Or who may be the best buyers of those skills?
Figuring out your value proposition (what you are really, really good at) and who to sell it to (who will pay you to do that) is one of the major steps to take for young careerists…and the #InternPro community is here to help!
Here are just some of the questions we’ll be asking members of our community during our next #InternPro conversation on Monday, February 1st at 9pm ET:
- You declare a major & pursue a career path… but how do you REALLY know if you have the right skills for the job?
- Agree? Disagree? Why? “‘Detail oriented’, ‘Team player’ & ‘Proficient with MS Office’ are cliches, not skills.”
- How do you (the seller) know what skills to promote? Which skills do employers (the buyer) value most?
- Your thoughts? “Wait… now I need REAL skills? Before my first REAL job? So much for ‘education is everything’!”
- Exactly where should you be selling your skills? Are hard skills for your resume and soft skills for LinkedIn?
- In our online brand, how do we present social proof that we really have mastered the skills we’re selling?
- How do we evaluate our current skill set – and identify any gap that exists between what we have & what we need?
- Take a moment, then answer: What are YOU really, really good at? And who will PAY YOU to do that?
And, please, bring a friend… Here’s a tweet that makes it easy to invite your network along for the ride: