When applying for job or internship, or when considering putting your name in the hat to lead a special project – or maybe when asking for a raise – do thoughts like “I’m not good enough” go through your head a little too often?
Especially early in our careers, it is easy to question our skills, experience – and our overall value. Often referred to as ‘Imposter Syndrome’, this self-doubt can be crippling as we attempt to kick our careers up a notch.
But there are ways to counter this feeling of inadequacy… and that is exactly what we’ll be discussing on the next episode of #InternPro chat, on Monday, January 18th at 9pm ET. To learn how to gain the confidence you need to get to the next level in your career, join the conversation!
Here are just some of the questions we’ll be asking members of the #InternPro community:
- Despite good grades and internships and decent success so far, you lack confidence. How do you fight self-doubt? #InternPro
- Tell us about a time you were unsure of your abilities and skills… and how you overcame that feeling. #InternPro
- Whatever happened to ‘Fake it ‘til you make it’? Is that still an effective philosophy for young professionals? #InternPro
- When looking at requirements in a job description, how close do you really need to come to confidently apply? #InternPro
- When faced with a lack confidence, what are your go-to resources? Who or what gets you fired up again? #InternPro
- Your thoughts? “Self-confidence propels me forward. Self-awareness let’s me look back with confidence.” #InternPro
- When not getting the respect you’ve earned, how do you show you really are ready to get to the next level? #InternPro
- When self-doubt (aka ‘Imposter Syndrome’) creates a barrier in my career, I will conquer it by ______. #InternPro
And, please, bring a friend… Here’s a tweet that makes it easy to invite your network: