Networking is one of the most important aspects of job hunting, but it’s also one of the most daunting.
Online networking simplifies the process, making it easier for people to connect and talk across the globe. Specifically, online communities (Twitter chats, LinkedIn groups, etc.) can ease the anxiety involved with jumping into the deep end of the networking pool.
So how can we leverage these communities? How can we put them to work for our careers?
Join the #InternPro community tonight (Monday, January 11th) at 9pm ET to learn more, and to help us answer these questions:
- What are the key benefits of participating in online communities? What do you enjoy most from the experience?
- Where do we find the best social communities? Which platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) provide the most value?
- Social media can be such a timesuck… how do I know where to spend my time, and what communities I should avoid?
- How does someone new to Twitter chats & Facebook/LinkedIn groups make that all-important great first impression?
- What are some of the most common mistakes made by newbies to online communities? What faux pas should we avoid?
- Online groups aren’t all puppies and rainbows. What do we do when the divas, drama queens and trolls take over?
- What are your favorite social communities or online groups?
- For those new to social media, what one piece of advice would you offer for making the most out of online communities?
And bring a friend! Here’s an easy tweet you can send to bring your network into the conversation…