During your internship, you’re bound to experience some highs and lows. There will be times when you question everything you’ve learned so far and then there will be times when you feel on top of the world.
Wherever you are in your internship, it’s important to stay inspired. Whether it’s your goal to learn something new or share your ideas with your managers, find inspiration that can help you stay motivated during your internship.
If you’re searching for some inspiration to keep you going during your internship, here are 15 quotes to help stay motivated and excited about your career:
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “Passion is the difference between having a job or having a career.” – Anonymous
- “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
- “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” – Anonymous
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
- “The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.” – Fabienne Fredrickson
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it.” – Anonymous
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for the great.” – Steve Prefontaine
- “You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage – pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically – to say ‘no’ to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger ‘yes’ burning inside.” – Stephen Covey
- “Find something you’re passionate about and stay tremendously interested in it.” – Julia Child
- “You can’t start the next chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
- “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
- “It always seems impossible until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela
If you look around, inspiration is constantly entering your life, you just have to know where to look.
The next time you’re second guessing yourself or feeling defeated, focus on your passion. This will remind you to focus on your dreams and to keep working toward your goals. As an intern, you have the opportunity to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be.
You just have to hold on to what inspires you to follow your dreams.
What inspires you as an intern?
For this post, YouTern thanks our friend, Heather Huhman!
About The Author: Heather R. Huhman is a career expert, experienced hiring manager, and founder & president of Come Recommended, a content marketing and digital PR consultancy for job search and human resources technologies. She is also the instructor of Find Me A Job: How To Score A Job Before Your Friends, author of Lies, Damned Lies & Internships (2011) and #ENTRYLEVELtweet: Taking Your Career from Classroom to Cubicle (2010), and writes career and recruiting advice for numerous outlets.