|Internship Description: |
Note: This position is a full-time, limited term assignment. The internship program dates are June 5 through August 18, 2017.
The Communications Student Intern performs entry (entry- to routine-level) project work related to their field of study and agency communications. Work involves supporting agency operations with a primary focus on gaining practical work experience and business skills for personal development or to satisfy educational requirements. Works under close supervision with limited latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the manager or director of the assigned department.
Benefits of a TRS Communications Internship: This is a paid, full-time position that offers interns the opportunity to gain substantive experience in creating and editing publications, developing online and social media content, and/or assisting with video production and photography. Interns enjoy the chance to get training and mentoring from experienced professionals in one or more of these areas.
$13.50/hour within 12 months of graduation
$17.00/hour currently enrolled in a Graduate program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key Projects/Deliverables include writing content for the TRS website and increasing member engagement on TRS' social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assists with researching, editing, graphic design, photography, and video.
- Assists with production of newsletters, brochures, handbooks, reports, and other print materials used to inform and educate agency employees, members, and the general public.
- Assists with webcasts and special event or project planning and execution.
- May assist in researching, compiling, and analyzing data; entering data into spreadsheets, databases, and other automated applications; and preparing complex queries and reports.
- May review forms, correspondence, reports, and other documents for completeness and acceptability.
- May assist in reviewing and analyzing agency policies, procedures, and forms and recommending changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in completing special projects and performs other work as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in and actively attending an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student with a declared major in Journalism, Marketing/Advertising, Communications, Graphic Design, or Radio-Film-Television AND within 12 months of graduation; OR
- Enrolled as a graduate student (Master or Doctoral) in a Journalism, Marketing/Advertising, Communications, Graphic Design, Radio-Film-Television, or related program.
- Applicant will be required to submit a copy of official college transcripts.