|Internship Description: |
Note: This position is a full-time, limited term assignment. The internship program dates are June 5 through August 18, 2017.
The Records Management Student Intern performs entry (entry- to routine-level) project work related to their field of study and records management. Work involves supporting agency operations with a primary focus on gaining practical work experience and business skills for personal development or to satisfy educational requirements. Works under close supervision with limited latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the manager or director of the assigned department.
Benefits of a TRS Records Management Internship: This is a paid, full-time position that offers interns the opportunity to gain substantive experience in records management, retention, and quality control. Interns enjoy the chance to get training and mentoring from experienced professionals in one or more of these areas.
$13.50/hour within 12 months of graduation
$17.00/hour currently enrolled in a Graduate program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key Projects/Deliverables: Project management, file migration, and documentation related to an agency-wide E-Records project, including retention schedule reviews, box storage inventory, database development and/or management, and reporting.
- Creates or reconciles inventories and updates databases.
- Assists in the classification and organization of materials and data, including indexing and abstracting.
- Audits data in retention database to ensure accuracy.
- Collects and analyzes statistics taken in support of the records retention/instruction program.
- Assists in drafting program documents, such as process documentation, retention schedule amendments, training presentations, and other documents as directed.
- May assist in researching, compiling, and analyzing data; entering data into spreadsheets, databases, and other automated applications; and preparing complex queries and reports.
- May review forms, correspondence, reports, and other documents for completeness and acceptability.
- May assist in reviewing and analyzing agency policies, procedures, and forms and recommending changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in completing special projects and performs other work as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in and actively attending an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student with a declared major in Information Science, Computer Science, Business, a liberal arts field, or other relevant program AND within 12 months of graduation; OR
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student (Master or Doctoral) in a Library Science, Information Science, Computer Science, Liberal Arts, Business, or other relevant program.
- Applicant will be required to submit a copy of official college transcripts.