|Internship Description: |
Note: This position is a full-time, limited term assignment. The internship program dates are June 5 through August 18, 2017.
The Project Management Office (PMO) Intern performs entry (entry- to routine-level) project work related to their field of study and project management. Work involves supporting agency operations with a primary focus on gaining practical work experience and business skills for personal development or to satisfy educational requirements. Works under close supervision with limited latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the manager or director of the assigned department.
Benefits of a PMO Internship: This is a paid, full-time position that offers interns the opportunity to gain substantive experience in project management. Interns enjoy the opportunity to get training and mentoring from experienced professionals in one or more of these areas.
$13.50/hour within 12 months of graduation
$17.00/hour currently enrolled in a Graduate program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TRS Enterprise Application Modernization (TEAM) Program
- Assists Business Process Analysis in the analysis of business operations, including data analysis and process mapping.
- Assists with End user testing.
- Assists with scheduling PMO, TEAM, and related meetings as needed.
- Assists with maintaining the PMO and TEAM Project SharePoint sites, tools, and templates.
- Assists with capturing meeting minutes.
- May assist in researching, compiling, and analyzing data; entering data into spreadsheets, databases, and other automated applications; and preparing complex queries and reports.
- May review forms, correspondence, reports, and other documents for completeness and acceptability.
- May assist in reviewing and analyzing agency policies, procedures, and forms and recommending changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in completing special projects and performs other work as assigned.
- Performs other duties (general and department specific) as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in and actively attending an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student with a declared major in Management Information Systems, Business, Accounting, or other relevant program AND within 12 months of graduation; OR
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student (Master or Doctoral) in a Management Information Systems, Business, Accounting, or other relevant program.
- Applicant will be required to submit a copy of official college transcripts.