|Posting Date: |
|Industry Category: |
|Expiration Date: |
|Paid Internship?: |
|Salary Range: |
|School Credit Available?: |
|Internship Description: |
Note: This position is a full-time, limited term assignment. The internship program dates are June 5 through August 18, 2017.
The IT Information Systems Student Intern performs entry (entry- to routine-level) project work related to their field of study and the Health Insurance Line of Business (HILOB) application. Work involves supporting agency operations with a primary focus on gaining practical work experience and business skills for personal development or to satisfy educational requirements. Works under close supervision with limited latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the manager or director of the assigned department.
Benefits of a TRS IT Information Systems Internship: This is a paid, full-time position that offers interns the opportunity to gain substantive experience in applications development/support and data reporting. Interns enjoy the chance to get training and mentoring from experienced professionals in one or more of these areas.
$13.50/hour within 12 months of graduation
$17.00/hour currently enrolled in a Graduate program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Information Technology – Information Systems
- Designs and creates forms and documents using Exstream software for the HILOB application.
- Writes Java and SQL code to integrate new forms and documents into an application.
- Writes Java unit tests based on provided examples.
- Writes reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Creates ETL packages using MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- Attends and participates in code reviews.
- Documents existing processes for TRS Staff to utilize as reference.
- Performs research, analysis, or development tasks as assigned.
- May assist in researching, compiling, and analyzing data; entering data into spreadsheets, databases, and other automated applications; and preparing complex queries and reports.
- May review forms, correspondence, reports, and other documents for completeness and acceptability.
- May assist in reviewing and analyzing agency policies, procedures, and forms and recommending changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in completing special projects and performs other work as assigned.
- Performs other duties (general and department specific) as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in and actively attending an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student with a declared major in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other relevant program AND within 12 months of graduation; OR
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student (Master or Doctoral) in an Information Technology, Computer Science, or other relevant program.
- Applicant will be required to submit a copy of official college transcripts.
|Virtual/Telecommuting Offered?: |
|Position Duration (Summer, Year-Round, etc.): |
|Estimated Hours per Week: |
|Travel Required?: |
|Relocation Assistance Offered?: |
|Company Name: |
|Recruiter First Name: |
|Recruiter Last Name: |
1000 Red River Street
|Zip Code: |
|Attending College (Undergraduate): |
|Attending College (Graduate, if Applicable): |
Information Technology, Computer Science
|Minimum Education Level Required: |
|Minimum GPA Preferred: |
|Industry Experience: |