Title: Celebrate Brooklyn! Marketing Intern
Supervisor: Marketing Projects Manager
Paid/Unpaid: Unpaid (Local transportation and onsite dinner at concerts provided.) Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
Dates: February – August 2013
Flexible schedule - February-April
3-4 days per week - May-August
Must be available to work all performances
(primarily Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights)
BRIC Arts | Media | Bklyn is a multi-disciplinary non-profit dedicated to presenting art and media programs that reflect Brooklyn’s creativity and diversity. BRIC also provides resources to launch, nurture and showcase artists and media makers. All of BRIC’s offerings are free or low cost, to advance access to and understanding of arts and media. Each year, upwards of one million people in Brooklyn and citywide are served through BRIC’s programs. Learn more at bricartsmedia.org.
Celebrate Brooklyn!, a performing arts program of BRIC, is the borough’s premiere summer-long performing arts festival presenting a culturally-diverse season of music, dance, spoken word and film in a large outdoor venue. The Festival has a reputation for excellence that attracts 200,000 attendees from across NYC to the Festival’s home at the Prospect Park Bandseach summer.
Purpose of Position: In preparation for the 35th season of Celebrate Brooklyn! next summer, we are seeking a Marketing Intern to assist in planning for the festival and on-site marketing activities. The perfect candidate will possess advandced arts marketing knowledge, excellent writing and editing skills, and a deep appreciation for performing arts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and write compelling, contextualized program notes for performances
- Gather content for season brochure and season program
- Create content for social media networks including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Flickr
- Draft weekly email campaigns and blog entries
- Participate in on-site audience research
- Identify niche markets for advertising and promoting specific performances
- Assist other departments in special events
- Complete other administrative duties (fulfill mailings, inventory, invoicing)
- Help the BRIC team whenever/wherever extra hands are needed including non-marketing related projects
- Must attend every performance!
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or currently pursuing degree in related field
- Must be creative, proactive, highly organized, computer literate, outgoing, and able to think on your feet
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be excited to work on administrative office tasks and to engage with artists and the public onsite, both with utmost professionalism
- Must be interested in the performing arts
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and references to Laurel Sheridan, Marketing Projects Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “Marketing Intern.” No calls please. For more info, please visit www.bricartsmedia.org.